Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Old Meets New For a Classic Ivy League Twist

On Monday I had the privilege of strolling down the classic cobblestone streets of Harvard Square. For those of you that haven't had the opportunity to go there, you have to find a way to visit. YOu may think that all that's there are old book stores and shops that sell knockoff Harvard rugby shirts. Well if that applies to you, I have to explain. The Square, can boast of new and old on ever corner. It's filled with cute, preppy boutiques, classic old bookstores, Massachusetts style pubs, and of course most of the Harvard dorms. At the same, however there are more modern stores and lots of great restaurants. If you ever get to go to Harvard Square, I suggest that you stay at the Charles Hotel, and eat at Fire and Ice, a great restaurant that incorporates great food, table-side cooking, and a chose it yourself menu. Also make sure you find time to do some shopping and stop by J.P. Licks for a cone of the BEST ice cream you have ever tasted.

XOXO
Norah

P.S. I can't lie, so here it is, ya ya ya there are some stores that sell knockoff Harvard shirts, but I'm not saying it's like China or anything. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg!! This was so cool, I love Harvard Square, and now I know where to go there! This blog is sooo cool, you should post more often!